Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 63: Aspen Meadow - Selden Pass - Bear Ridge (mi 854-873)












Woke up and shins were indeed feeling it. Late camp break, tooled along at low elevation before long exposed climb to Selden Pass. Rather foolishly in hindsight, I ran up the grade and paid the price, puttin a hurting on my shins. The rest of the day was spent tenderly walking. Pass was nice, had an alpine lunch atop to avoid mosquitoes below. I hobbled down hill and eventually gobbled a norco to help the shin splints. The narcotic worked, and we forded bear creek, descended to the river bottom, then climbed up the other side. We found a palatial campsite overlooking the valley with a spring nearby, and I cooked some pasta-rice creation. My shins still hurt all night 

No comments:

Post a Comment