Tuesday, April 16, 2013

T-minus 12 hours

Erin and I finished our mad scrambling around over the past few days, had a great going away party on the teacher bus on Saturday, packed up some more on Sunday, then I got to beat up on some folks (as usual) during Settlers of Catan, and now we're en route! We flew to San Diego, where world-renowned Trail Angels Scout and Frodo picked us up and whisked us back to their hiker's headquarters. We got the full tour, the highlight of which was a digital scale at long last. Erin's pack came in with a 15.5 lb base weight, while I am at 16.5lbs base (including 2.5 pounds of gadgets and batteries. I'm sure I will determine some of it to be superfluous, but that's to come. Finally getting to the point where it seems real and the butterflies aren't in my GI tract!  Off to bed now, we have a 5 AM wakeup for our date with destiny...

No comments:

Post a Comment